Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Princess VS Wolverine

"Hey dick-wad, I'm speaking!"
-Samantha Jones





Last Sunday my BFF's (another reincarnation of our barkada name, prior to this one we called ourselves the Goddesses! LOL) Anyways, as I was saying, last Sunday my BFF's (giggles) Gawd its killing me! BFFs! LOL I know I know...its just that BFF is sooo maarte ahahaha oh well... BFF it is then! My BFF's watched "Xmen Origins:WOLVERINE", infairness it was a very decent adaptation of Marvel's one - if not most famous anti-hero character of all time. The story didn’t follow the comics history of Wolverine (Not to brag but I have a fairly decent knowledge of Marvel's Xmen history since I used to collect the comics way back in high school), but like I said it was a decent (I guess "unique" is a better word) retelling of Wolverine's "origin". I super grabe enjoyed the whole experience of watching the movie, plus! I get to see Daniel Henny in akshuuun (insert fan gurlscream here!) ooohhmigawdddd graveee! Talk about HAWT! It was such a bonding moment for us BFFs! Not to mention that IV finally proven that you don’t need to be well stacked in the money department as long as you have friends... (as long as your friends are rich! ahahaha diba Dhon? Paul?) After the movie we crashed at John’s place, had lechon paksiw for dinner, nag agawan sa rice and then decided to watch a DVD. It was Sex and the City the Movie.

"After years of living in the city I assumed that if my friends and I ever got our fairytale endings that would be the end of the story. But real life--Always has a twist."
-Carrie Bradshaw
Dhon already watched the movie once, JhayR twice and John too many to mention LOL. Me? Its my first hehehe. I know it’s the ultimate “BFF film” kuno… but I don’t know when the movie was like being shown in almost all the theaters here in Cebu, and when my BFFs were like texting me like crazy to watch the movie with them… I just couldn’t bring myself to watch it. I felt it was too fake and I believed that each barkada is too unique, that it cant be just summarized in a series how many seasons it may have or worse! Just a 2 hour (give and take minutes) movie. BUT after the watching the film…I still believe that we are far from the women of SATC however, I have to admit there are times that the characters is too close to me and my friends persona’s that its almost creepy, and I have to admit, I cant help but relate to the characters of the film. If you can’t beat them…Join them… parang ganun ang nangyari. So I asked my BFFs, basing on the SATC girls, who am I? The unanimous answer? SAMANTHA JONES.


"I can't color enough, I would color all day every day If I had my way, I would use every crayon in my box."
-Samantha Jones
Okey so If you are a fan of SATC you would know what a whore Samantha Jones is. Hell, I know Samantha and Im not a fan, so if you don’t her, don’t bother reading this blog not until you watched the movie or at least had the decency to wiki the character up. Well I can’t blame them for saying that I am Samantha in the group, but hey reality does bite and sometimes it bites hard. I mean hey Im the most vocal about me not being the relationship type and Ill have a fuck over any cheesy gay to gay relationship that is doomed to failure any day! And I totally agree that it just so happened that at this point in my life, I just simply love myself more. I definitely don’t see anything wrong with that. BUT and this is a very big BUT! (bigger than yours! LOL) Everything you just read is definitely my own opinion and like you I am very much entitled to it!


"Honey, You know me, I don't really believe in marriage; now botox on the other hand, that works every time."
-Samantha Jones
When Samantha said those lines to Carrie, it was then that I realized that NO. I am definitely not Samantha. I may agree that love for self is very important and there is definitely nothing wrong in being gorgeous and all that! But, deep down I still believe in LUURVEEE. They call me cynical but Id rather call myself cautious. I sooooo believe in LOVE that I just don’t want to be in a relationship just for the sake of changing my Facebook and Friendster status into “in a relationship”, because unfortunately in today’s society be it a relationship of the opposite sex or of the gay kind, sex is synonymous to a “relationship". Sure, it maybe a relationship in its own right but its something that I would rather have when I love my partner and vice versa. I am not Samantha but I can’t also deny that we are very similar. In the movie, Samantha ended a relationship because as she said…”I love you but I love me more…” However, as for me, When I do say I LOVE YOU , its because its gonna be for keeps. Ill make sure to only say those words when Im soooo sure that even if I see a very hung SPANISH neighbor who happens to be an exhibitionist aswell that I would still be sure that my love for my partner exceeds my love for myself, because when I love .. “THIS IS REALLY IS IT!”



So why not safely COLOR with the different crayons available until I find Mr. Big or until he finds me...












No comments: